Minutes for March 19, 2017

Agenda for 3/19/17

I) Opening
Meeting called to order at 7:00

II) Attendance
Officers Present:
a. President- Bailey Schumm
b. Vice-President- Rosie Zander
c. Communications Director- Doug Snyder
d. Secretary- Allie Runas
e. Treasurer- Davey Bemporad
f. Community Director- Olivia Griffin
g. Campus Director- Maddie Schumm
h. Membership Director – Cheyenne Brown

Officers Tardy:
Olivia Griffin

Officers Absent:
Ellen Teucher (excused)

Guests:
Secretary Emeritus – Charlie Henry

III) Approval of the Minutes
Motioned for approval by Allie at 7:28. Seconded by Davey.

IV) New Business
Next Meeting
Prof. Bill Sage – really cool guy, think of some good questions

boys share on Monday, girls share on Tuesday
advertise on union screens for next week

Social Event
McKinney falls April 2nd 11 Littlefield Fountain

Professional Skill-building event
table this for next semester

LBJ Panel
Lucy Baines Johnson
Rep. Eddie Rodriguez
Davey’s prof

John Lewis
not a deal at all…
maybe meet him this Friday

CRUD debate
they REALLY wanna do this
things that affect us as students and austinites
one officer and one member
list of three dates to send to CRs
April 10th – 14th ish
member auditions – 29th during lobbying committee

Food bank April 8th
bring donations of healthy, non-perishables with clearly marked expiration date
ask dorms for donation boxes

Study Group
may as well use it
make it an event

40 Acres Fest
April 1st
WEAR SUNSCREEN and BRING WATER
trivia and pass out free stuff – Obama on Vacay trivia, environmental Everyone come up with questions
pictures with Obama
flyers for beach preservation – Davey and Olivia

TPH Week
Triva and flyers – Bailey and Rosie

Lobbying Committee
IT’S HAPPENING this Friday, meeting at 8AM at Einstein’s
everyone gets a schedule and special folder, going in subgroups
Allie will make a google form for confirmation- confirmation by wednesday

TABLING
Club Photo
during Lob Com meeting somewhere else – table later in the semester

Invest in Texas
April 12th
share form from Charlie and remind folks to come
April 4th event with Texas Exes and Annette Strauss advocacy training event

UDems wants to sponsor it and send folks
instead of coming to study group

Member of the Week
Ardian Shaholli

V) Adjournment
Motioned for adjournment by Doug at 7:30. Seconded by Rosie.

Minutes for February 19, 2017

Agenda for 2/19/17

I) Opening
Meeting called to order at 8:05

II) Attendance
Officers Present:
a. President- Bailey Schumm
b. Vice-President- Rosie Zander
c. Communications Director- Doug Snyder
d. Secretary- Allie Runas
e. Treasurer- Davey Bemporad
f. Community Director- Olivia Griffin
g. Campus Director- Madison Schumm
h. Membership Director – Cheyenne Brown
i. Historian- Ellen Teuscher
j. Webmaster- Nicholas Cobb

Officers Tardy:
Olivia(excused)

Officers Absent:
none

Guests:
Charlie Henry, Secretary Emeritus
Marco Guajardo, Lobbying Committee Chair

III) Approval of the Minutes
Motioned for approval by Rosie at 8:05. Seconded by Allie

IV) New Business
Lob Con

no skits at the table

Next Meeting
who’s coming – not sure yet…
all the way with LBJ – show all and not do posse

SG endorsements
no endorsements but campaigns may come and speak for 1 minute

A frame moving
gotta go to the west mall or the office because DOS hates me
move to West Mall tonight
Allie will reserve tonight

Amendment voting
ballots – yes

fundraiser money update and postmortem
$$$
thus far $1950
keep asking friends
donate $50 to Stronger Together
What have we learned?
recommend we spend $600 next year
we spent $700 on the fundraiser – too much
$200 is too large a beverage budget
anticipate all costs! – cups, ice, soda
suggest children eat dinner before because people got sassy
emphasise that it’s a FUNDRAISER

logos
do redesign when out of more shirts and more fruitful
fundraisers

Big Meetings
reserve more central rooms for bigger speakers

Tabling
fill out the doodle poll

Member of the Week
Jennifer – what a bae

V) Adjournment
Motioned for adjournment by Rosie at 8 :26. Seconded by Allie

Minutes for February 12, 2017

Agenda for 2/12/17

I) Opening
Meeting called to order at 7:00

II) Attendance
Officers Present:
a. President- Bailey Schumm
b. Vice-President- Rosie Zander
c. Communications Director- Doug Snyder
d. Secretary- Allie Runas
e. Treasurer- Davey Bemporad
f. Community Director- Olivia Griffin
g. Campus Director- Madison Schumm
i. Historian- Ellen Teuscher
j. Webmaster- Nicholas Cobb

Officers Tardy:

Officers Absent:
Cheyenne (excused)

Guests:
Charlie Henry, Secretary Emeritus
Kimberly Romero, Concerned Citizen

III) Approval of the Minutes
Motioned for approval by Allie at 7:01. Seconded by Davey

IV) New Business
Next Meeting

advertising – send to friends on FB
snap filters – after fundraiser

Fundraiser
emphasize dress code – put pictures in prezi
and that all members are welcome to come, guests are welcome and costs $xx
catering – rosie will pick up lights
lights – ellen will bring
each officer will call about 5 offices to ask – see details on fb event page
davey – 1st 5
allie
maddie
olivia
rosie
ellen
nick
bailey
doug

Carpool (Allie)
http://bit.ly/2lmiz4s put this link in the prezi so members can sign up for carpool – about 23 left right now, to be assigned by Allie

the future of study group
IT SHALL GO ON
put in prezi – it’s every tuesday!

lobbying committee
no updates :(

A frame
put location of meetings for each semester
maybe redesign this too

no ban no wall rally
put volunteer opportunities in the prezi
ask Skylar to talk at rally

Food Bank on 4/8
time: 11 – 3, Saturday

Tabling
fill out doodle poll
include lobbying information
go over tabling etiquette during issues at table and again in prezi

Kim’s announcement
ICE situation – pass out flyers in affected areas and at table
partner up with BSA and/or Skylar’s club
include with tabling

Ashley’s stuff
Rosie’s got it

Member of the Week
Ally Ganster

V) Adjournment
Motioned for adjournment by Rosie at 7 :31 Seconded by Davey

Minutes for February 6, 2017

Agenda for 2/6/17

I) Opening
Meeting called to order at 7:03

II) Attendance
Officers Present
a. President- Bailey Schumm
b. Vice-President- Rosie Zander
c. Communications Director- Doug Snyder
d. Secretary- Allie Runas
e. Treasurer- Davey Bemporad
f. Community Director- Olivia Griffin
g. Campus Director- Madison Schumm
h. Membership Director – Cheyenne Brown
i. Historian- Ellen Teuscher
j. Webmaster- Nicholas Cobb

Officers Tardy:
none

Officers Absent:
none

Guests:
Secretary Emeritus- Charlie Henry

III) Approval of the Minutes
Motioned for approval by Allie at 7:04. Seconded by Rosie

IV) New Business
next meeting (Bailey)
Beto O’Rourke is coming
officer photo, dress snappy casual
thank you card

union screens (Bailey)
maybe next week if we cant figure it out
union

hornslink (Bailey)
make an event
make distinction on page

Travis County #strongertogether (Bailey)
see if UDems can make a large scale donation to #StongerTogether
post fundraiser
dynamically allocate based on fundraiser
add options for members to contribute when they pay dues

cap call in autopsy (Bailey)
quiet day and table didn’t look important or special
focus on House Reps
be flexible – make more scripts
invite more people to invite

Fundraiser (Bailey)
Rosie has a lot of names to add
follow up with offices invited – ask if contributing and/or attending
break up calls into small chunks for officers to call offices #strongertogether
let donors know a portion is going to
make an organized carpool thing – remember for web before 17th

Lob Con (Rosie)
re-evaluate structure and get the ball rolling on logistics
Rosie will help with everything and set up weekly meetings with the Chair

Community service day for activity(Olivia)
food bank or something
Olivia will organize this

Tabling(General)
push tabling back to 10
or just use our own table
motion for new table cloth passed – wait
Davey will call Mark McCulloch and get the ball rolling
Go over tabling etiquette in General Meeting

Women’s Shelter Update (Doug)
lots of YUGE donations
push people to bring stuff
set end date to Wed after Feb 17

Orange and Maroon Day
https://www.texasexes.org/orange-maroon-legislative-day-sign
charlie wants to talk about this at the gen meeting
please put this in the slide show

Social
April 3 McKinney Falls hike

Member of the Week
Andrew Herrera

V) Adjournment
Motioned for adjournment by Allie at 7:40 Seconded by Cheyenne

Minutes for January 29, 2017

Agenda for 1/29/17

I) Opening
Meeting called to order at 7:07

II) Attendance
Officers Present:
a. President- Bailey Schumm
b. Vice-President- Rosie Zander
c. Communications Director- Doug Snyder
d. Secretary- Allie Runas
e. Treasurer- Davey Bemporad
f. Community Director- Olivia Griffin
g. Campus Director- Madison Schumm
h. Membership Director – Cheyenne Brown
i. Historian- Ellen Teuscher
j. Webmaster- Nicholas Cobb

Officers Tardy:
Olivia Griffin

Officers Absent:
none

Guests:
Marco Guajardo

III) Approval of the Minutes
Motioned for approval by Allie at 7:08 Seconded by Rosie

IV) New Business
This week’s meeting (Bailey)
actually is going to be Montserrat Garibay
promote the event in layers like an ogre
http://bit.ly/2k7eP3C – census link for the meeting for new members

Pre-meeting Lobbying (Bailey)
put up a who represents me page so people can call on their own time
make the children a script – stop, collaborate, listen!
capital call in moving forward with muslim ban and wall as first topic

Hiking Social – establish deets (Bailey, Cheyenne)
UDems superbowl party! – cheyenne had nothing to do with this
NOT POSSE – i think Bailey’s house
Doug REAALLY wants to make queso
time – 5:30 PM is when the game starts – start event at 5
table hiking to another time

Study Group (Bailey)
CLA 1.102 Tues at 7 until 11:45

Member engagement (Allie)
sit with new ppl pls

Lob Con
structure – set sub committees will stay and assign a sub leader for each sub committee
things doin’ us a concern – campus cary, grants, post secondary ed
make a separate lob con event

Logo
modernize
sleek
retro
patriotism
we gotta ask Mark what to do – Doug will do the communicating

40 Acres Fest Activity (Allie)
April 1st – Maddie, Doug, Allie can work, ask membership as it comes up
FOR SURE we are doing: handing out beaches flyers
cardboard obama will be purchased and dressed up
we will do trivia – prize will be old shirts, candy – no chocolate

Office
we need to clean it
organise and pick a time
keep old shirts and recylce old lit
this Thurday afternoon/evening!

Tabling (Maddie)
FILL OUT THE DOODLE POLL , include cant comes
be super friendly to membership working as well

Officer Bios (Nick)
submit officer bios to Nick by this wednesday
headshots – Maddie and Rosie, 2:15 and 5 respectively on the rally space

Member of the Week
Jacob King

V) Adjournment
Motioned for adjournment by Allie at 7:47 Seconded by Bailey