Minutes for March 26, 2017

Agenda for 3/26/17

I) Opening
Meeting called to order at 7:05

II) Attendance
Officers Present:
a. President- Bailey Schumm
b. Vice-President- Rosie Zander
c. Communications Director- Doug Snyder
d. Secretary- Allie Runas
e. Treasurer- Davey Bemporad
f. Community Director- Olivia Griffin
g. Campus Director- Maddie Schumm
h. Membership Director – Cheyenne Brown
i. Historian- Ellen Teuscher

Officers Tardy:
Olivia
Ellen – late meeting and food

Officers Absent:
Rosie – AIPAC

Guests:
Marco Guajardo

III) Approval of the Minutes
Motioned for approval by Allie at 7:05. Seconded by Davey.

IV) New Business
Lobbying day postmortem
planning – was okay
schedule – more structured for lobbying next time, people didnt show up
communication
lobbying committee
overall – a success, a lot to learn from
rep bios and room numbers ahead of time

The Unfortunate Case of the A-Frame
revamp

40 Acres Fest
wear beachy stuff – hawaiian shirts are okay! I checked with a Texas Traditions person
Davey will bring Barry
Allie will do set up and take care of trivia and make a photo frame
min number questions to ask for free shit?
like or share for sticker
trivia for shirt

TPH
Rosie needs to make Trivia questions for
in leiu of regular tabling – april 3
same free stuff system

Next Meeting
Rep. Donna Howard
Allison Heinrich is coming yay!
half share working well

Social Carpool
this sunday at 11 – meet at 10:30

FB events
make events for everything!

profit share
Cabo Bob’s, moojo?
needs lots of HYPE – 2nd to last week of april
Doug’s on it

Tabling
FILL OUT THE DOODLE POLL

Club photo
last meeting of April

CR debate
they’re dragging their feet

Member of the Week
Rose

V) Adjournment
Motioned for adjournment by Allie at 7:39. Seconded by Davey.

Minutes for March 19, 2017

Agenda for 3/19/17

I) Opening
Meeting called to order at 7:00

II) Attendance
Officers Present:
a. President- Bailey Schumm
b. Vice-President- Rosie Zander
c. Communications Director- Doug Snyder
d. Secretary- Allie Runas
e. Treasurer- Davey Bemporad
f. Community Director- Olivia Griffin
g. Campus Director- Maddie Schumm
h. Membership Director – Cheyenne Brown

Officers Tardy:
Olivia Griffin

Officers Absent:
Ellen Teucher (excused)

Guests:
Secretary Emeritus – Charlie Henry

III) Approval of the Minutes
Motioned for approval by Allie at 7:28. Seconded by Davey.

IV) New Business
Next Meeting
Prof. Bill Sage – really cool guy, think of some good questions

boys share on Monday, girls share on Tuesday
advertise on union screens for next week

Social Event
McKinney falls April 2nd 11 Littlefield Fountain

Professional Skill-building event
table this for next semester

LBJ Panel
Lucy Baines Johnson
Rep. Eddie Rodriguez
Davey’s prof

John Lewis
not a deal at all…
maybe meet him this Friday

CRUD debate
they REALLY wanna do this
things that affect us as students and austinites
one officer and one member
list of three dates to send to CRs
April 10th – 14th ish
member auditions – 29th during lobbying committee

Food bank April 8th
bring donations of healthy, non-perishables with clearly marked expiration date
ask dorms for donation boxes

Study Group
may as well use it
make it an event

40 Acres Fest
April 1st
WEAR SUNSCREEN and BRING WATER
trivia and pass out free stuff – Obama on Vacay trivia, environmental Everyone come up with questions
pictures with Obama
flyers for beach preservation – Davey and Olivia

TPH Week
Triva and flyers – Bailey and Rosie

Lobbying Committee
IT’S HAPPENING this Friday, meeting at 8AM at Einstein’s
everyone gets a schedule and special folder, going in subgroups
Allie will make a google form for confirmation- confirmation by wednesday

TABLING
Club Photo
during Lob Com meeting somewhere else – table later in the semester

Invest in Texas
April 12th
share form from Charlie and remind folks to come
April 4th event with Texas Exes and Annette Strauss advocacy training event

UDems wants to sponsor it and send folks
instead of coming to study group

Member of the Week
Ardian Shaholli

V) Adjournment
Motioned for adjournment by Doug at 7:30. Seconded by Rosie.

Minutes for February 26, 2017

I) Opening
Meeting called to order at 7:00

II) Attendance
Officers Present:
a. President- Bailey Schumm
b. Vice-President- Rosie Zander
c. Communications Director- Doug Snyder
d. Secretary- Allie Runas
e. Treasurer- Davey Bemporad
f. Community Director- Olivia Griffin
g. Campus Director- Maddie Schumm
h. Membership Director – Cheyenne Brown
i. Historian- Ellen Teuscher

Officers Tardy:

Officers Absent:
Ellen(Excused)
Rosie(Excused)

Guests:

III) Approval of the Minutes
Motioned for approval by … at … Seconded by …

IV) New Business
Next Meeting
LBJ, All The Way with

Lob Com
one sheets should be done by wednesday
practice round in lob com meeting
lob day is open to everyone yay!

Environment Texas Collab
we’ll see

McKinney Falls Social
meet at Littlefield fountain – get event up tonight
should have enough cars

How do I actually edit the constitution pdf – Change online Constitution

Career Development Fair
internship panel – talk about types of internships UDems have had to introduce bby UDems on what opportunities they have availible to them
headshots
resume review
afternoon – after lunch, Saturday event sometime in April
everyone will ask their career services

Tabling

Member of the Week
JENNIFER “SUN”SCHEIN

V) Adjournment
Motioned for adjournment by Allie at 7:11. Seconded by Davey.

Minutes for February 19, 2017

Agenda for 2/19/17

I) Opening
Meeting called to order at 8:05

II) Attendance
Officers Present:
a. President- Bailey Schumm
b. Vice-President- Rosie Zander
c. Communications Director- Doug Snyder
d. Secretary- Allie Runas
e. Treasurer- Davey Bemporad
f. Community Director- Olivia Griffin
g. Campus Director- Madison Schumm
h. Membership Director – Cheyenne Brown
i. Historian- Ellen Teuscher
j. Webmaster- Nicholas Cobb

Officers Tardy:
Olivia(excused)

Officers Absent:
none

Guests:
Charlie Henry, Secretary Emeritus
Marco Guajardo, Lobbying Committee Chair

III) Approval of the Minutes
Motioned for approval by Rosie at 8:05. Seconded by Allie

IV) New Business
Lob Con

no skits at the table

Next Meeting
who’s coming – not sure yet…
all the way with LBJ – show all and not do posse

SG endorsements
no endorsements but campaigns may come and speak for 1 minute

A frame moving
gotta go to the west mall or the office because DOS hates me
move to West Mall tonight
Allie will reserve tonight

Amendment voting
ballots – yes

fundraiser money update and postmortem
$$$
thus far $1950
keep asking friends
donate $50 to Stronger Together
What have we learned?
recommend we spend $600 next year
we spent $700 on the fundraiser – too much
$200 is too large a beverage budget
anticipate all costs! – cups, ice, soda
suggest children eat dinner before because people got sassy
emphasise that it’s a FUNDRAISER

logos
do redesign when out of more shirts and more fruitful
fundraisers

Big Meetings
reserve more central rooms for bigger speakers

Tabling
fill out the doodle poll

Member of the Week
Jennifer – what a bae

V) Adjournment
Motioned for adjournment by Rosie at 8 :26. Seconded by Allie

Minutes for February 12, 2017

Agenda for 2/12/17

I) Opening
Meeting called to order at 7:00

II) Attendance
Officers Present:
a. President- Bailey Schumm
b. Vice-President- Rosie Zander
c. Communications Director- Doug Snyder
d. Secretary- Allie Runas
e. Treasurer- Davey Bemporad
f. Community Director- Olivia Griffin
g. Campus Director- Madison Schumm
i. Historian- Ellen Teuscher
j. Webmaster- Nicholas Cobb

Officers Tardy:

Officers Absent:
Cheyenne (excused)

Guests:
Charlie Henry, Secretary Emeritus
Kimberly Romero, Concerned Citizen

III) Approval of the Minutes
Motioned for approval by Allie at 7:01. Seconded by Davey

IV) New Business
Next Meeting

advertising – send to friends on FB
snap filters – after fundraiser

Fundraiser
emphasize dress code – put pictures in prezi
and that all members are welcome to come, guests are welcome and costs $xx
catering – rosie will pick up lights
lights – ellen will bring
each officer will call about 5 offices to ask – see details on fb event page
davey – 1st 5
allie
maddie
olivia
rosie
ellen
nick
bailey
doug

Carpool (Allie)
http://bit.ly/2lmiz4s put this link in the prezi so members can sign up for carpool – about 23 left right now, to be assigned by Allie

the future of study group
IT SHALL GO ON
put in prezi – it’s every tuesday!

lobbying committee
no updates :(

A frame
put location of meetings for each semester
maybe redesign this too

no ban no wall rally
put volunteer opportunities in the prezi
ask Skylar to talk at rally

Food Bank on 4/8
time: 11 – 3, Saturday

Tabling
fill out doodle poll
include lobbying information
go over tabling etiquette during issues at table and again in prezi

Kim’s announcement
ICE situation – pass out flyers in affected areas and at table
partner up with BSA and/or Skylar’s club
include with tabling

Ashley’s stuff
Rosie’s got it

Member of the Week
Ally Ganster

V) Adjournment
Motioned for adjournment by Rosie at 7 :31 Seconded by Davey